Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.02.2008

We Will Be Okay

Dear Friends and Family,

I wanted you to know we are okay. We are having a little difficulty coping with such disappointment but we are trying to get back to our feet.

Tomorrow morning around 9 a.m., Mike will be having a dopplar xray of his neck/chest area to see if they can figure out why the blood pressure in the left arm is different from the right arm. Part of the problem Tuesday was due to measurements being taken from Mike's left arm which always reads lower. That wasn't the full problem. Just another contributing factor. It is suspected that Mike has a stenosis, or narrowing, of an artery in his left clavical, which may be contributing to his dizziness and low BP readings. It could also possibly be a blood clot, but Dr. Sneed had investigated this months ago, and couldn't locate anything. I think the focus now is on how to correct this heart issue, if possible.

Mike was able to get out of bed and walk his first lap around the nurses station this evening. He had to sit several times to rest, and because he was dizzy, but he did well. He has the tube out of his nose now and will be able to begin a liquid diet tomorrow. Mike has a right angle type incision, going from the center of his chest down to the right side of his body, which ended up being more than planned. But he is doing very well despite it. The Epidural continues to help him deal with the pain. He is slowly being weaned from it.

He will be in the hospital until Tuesday and we are told to stay in town until after Friday. He will be seeing a radiologist Friday for a consultation.

Zac, Amber and the baby are on their way home. They have been a great help and comfort to me, and also to every person Ethan met in the hallways. :) He waved hi and bye-bye to everyone who passed by. Today, before they left, Amber took me to a medical supply place to pick up what I need to take care of Mike when he gets discharged Tuesday, and also to have a few groceries on hand in my room.

My sister is still with me, and has been a huge help in asking doctors for details and forcing me to take care of myself. Her husband is coming in to town for a quick visit, tomorrow afternoon, before they fly out tomorrow evening.

We appreciate everyone's love so much. Thank you. Your continued prayers are so needed.

Love,
Beverly

No comments: