Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

3.30.2008

Everyday is an Adventure

Everyday is an adventure of sorts, for Mike. He wakes up never knowing exactly what kind of day it is going to be, or how he is going to feel. Friday he had enough energy and stamina to carry Drew (our grandson) upstairs with no difficulty, but then yesterday Mike was so winded, it was enough to get himself up the stairs. Mike's learning to celebrate his "good" days, and trust that the "less than good days" are hopefully, only temporary.

We're grateful Mike's appetite is good, even when his taste buds might not be 100%. We feel blessed that his liver seems to be functioning well, with the replaced stents inserted in January. The neuropathy in his feet and hands are still present, but doesn't seem to be worsening, which is something to be thankful for. His weight seems to be holding, and with the exception of mild nausea and stomach discomfort, he's tolerating the chemotherapy well.

Our next hurdle is Treatment # 8, on April10th, and the CT Scan which will be done around April 14th. The CT will give us information on how well the chemotherapy is working. There is quite a lot of anxiousness and anxiety with that, so Mike and I would really covet your prayers.

"Christ Jesus, You said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." John 20:27 "Lord, I cannot see Your visible hands, but if I'm willing to really look, I can see the visible evidences of Your invisible hands. Help me to stop doubting and believe!"

No comments: