Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

3.16.2008

Streams in the Desert

I came across something beautiful today in my quiet time that comforted my heart. It's taken from a devotional, Streams in the Desert. The title, "Leaning Sides", compiled by Mrs. Charles Cowman.

"Some one gained a good lesson from a Southern prayer meeting. A brother asked the Lord for various blessings--as you and I do, and thanked the Lord for many already received--as you and I do; but he closed with this unusual petition: "And, O Lord, support us! Yes support us Lord on every leanin' side!"

"Have you any leaning sides? This humble man's prayer pictures them in a new way and shows the Great Supporter in a new light also. He is always walking by the Christian, ready to extend His mighty arm and steady the weak one on "every leanin' side."

"Child of My love, lean hard, And let Me feel the pressure of thy care; I know thy burden, child. I shaped it; Poised it in Mine Own hand; made no proportion in its weight to thine unaided strength, For even as I laid it on, I said, 'I shall be near, and while she leans on Me, This burden shall be Mine, not hers; So shall I keep My child within the circling arms Of My Own love.' Here lay it down, nor fear to impose it on a shoulder which upholds the government of worlds. Yet closer come: Thou art not near enough. I would embrace thy care; So I might feel My child reposing on My breast. Thou lovest Me? I knew it. Doubt not then; But Loving Me, lean hard."


What a blessing it is to know that God is so near to us, that we're never alone in our struggles, and when the going gets tough...as it was this past week.....God is greater still.

Thursday we our scheduled for another chemotherapy treatment. We know you will be praying with us again, Mike will be protected from any serious side effects or illnesses, and while this medicine is doing its job to take care of this tumor, it won't be seriously destructive to the rest of his body.

Also, please pray that when a CT Scan is ordered, that God will prepare our hearts for whatever is found, and that He will give us strength to know what is needing to be done to continue fighting this and getting Mike into remission.

No comments: