Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

4.24.2008

CT Scan Scheduled Tomorrow

Friday morning Mike will have a CT Scan done in LR. We're praying the tumor in Mike's liver will have been reduced significantly with the chemotherapy treatments he's received the last four months, and we pray NO OTHER tumors/cancer will be found. We will not receive any results until probably next week, so we're trusting God for His peace and sustaining grace, while we wait. We are praying even now, that whatever those results turn out to be, God will be preparing our hearts to understand and accept them, and that He will direct our path from there. If we should hear something sooner, we will be certain to post the information.

To update you on Mike, for the last couple of days, he has felt a little more tired, and his feet (the neuropathy) have felt more pain. He also has had some difficulty sleeping, but it has been a tremendously stressful week for our family, so I'm sure that has had an impact. Mike also has been trying to work regular work days, and I'm certain his body is rebelling from that. We're celebrating that he is feeling well enough to attempt this, and just keep praying God gives him back his strength day by day.

Thank you for checking our blog often, to see how you can be praying for our family, and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers on Friday. Love, Mike and Beverly

"For in the day of trouble HE will keep me safe in his dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5) Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. (Psalm 27:7-9) I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:13-14)

No comments: