Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

5.08.2008

Devotionals

I have found such strength and comfort reading "Daily Strength" by Joe Stowell. I was especially touched today by the devotion "Wake Him Up" when Joe reminded me "The writer to the Hebrews assures us that we can come to Jesus with what the text literally says is “unstaggering confidence”—confidence that He understands our plight and is ready to help us in our time of need." He will help us by giving us "His grace to endure, His mercy, His power to overcome, His wisdom to show us the way. And His calming presence and His peace that passes understanding in the midst of life’s storms." "So, next time I am overwhelmed with life and don’t know what to do", I have a Heavenly Father who is never tired of hearing my concerns and who never leaves me to deal with life's problems alone. That is such good news to hear, because it has been a trying year already, and we still have work yet to be done. I'm thankful for the reminders, we're never alone in our battles.

Another devotional I'd like to recommend is "My Divine Romance" by our daughter-in-law, Jill McSheehy. Jill has such a heart to be used by God, and is a gifted writer in her own right. I think you would enjoy checking in on her work (posted on my blog) as well.

No comments: