Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

5.10.2008

Feeling Good

Mike is feeling good today! The little bit of achiness he's felt is being controlled well by the pain medication he takes. His energy level has been better too. This afternoon he "slowly" chased Drew around the front yard for a little bit, which was cute and scary to watch, all at the same time. I know he wouldn't be doing it, if he didn't feel well enough to try, but it still makes me hold my breath watching it.

An update on our son's employment situation; he is still seeking a job and has a couple of things that might be possibilities. One would be here in Russellville, which would be ideal. The other would be a job up in northwest Arkansas, which would be alright too. Please remember Matt and Jill in prayer as they wait on God to lead them to the right job. They are living in a guest house on our property, so there is less pressure on them to find something immediately, and they have the opportunity to wait for the right job, but I know they would appreciate prayer for wisdom when choosing this next one. The last job only lasted a couple of weeks before the business decided to fold.

(By the way...check out some of Jill's writing, "My Divine Romance", to the left of this page. She is a wonderful writer and also leads a Mom's class here in town, so if you know of any mom's interested in meeting together for support or friendship, please check out the M.O.M.S. link underneath her devotionals.)

We appreciate your prayers and support for Mike and for our family so much.

"When I falter in my faith, remind me to look up and reach out for Your guiding hand. When I hesitate to take the next step, give me a gentle nudge to get me going. When I stop along the way, uncertain as to which road to take, teach me to wait until I clearly hear Your firm, sure word of direction. When shadows fall across my path and barriers block my journey, lead me by the light of Your love on a steadfast way to your peace." BJ Hoff

No comments: