Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

5.29.2008

Taking On A Small Project











This has been an incredible day for Amber and I! We have learned that two women putting their minds together (okay, with a little help from Zac) and muscles, can accomplish almost anything...even while watching a baby! :) Go Girl Power!

Projects never seem to realize when there is an illness in the family. There have been things popping up, one after the other, over the last year, needing to be done or fixed.

One of those things needing to be done has been correcting a drainage problem we've had since we added the deck between the main house and the guest house well over a year ago. The rain (especially this season) has been completely washing away the soil under the deck, and we've had a "River Running Through It" for awhile now. My "quickie" solutions haven't worked, so I studied up on "French Drains", and Amber and I were crazy...I mean brave enough...to give it a try. Check out our photos above. (I bet you're impressed Uncle Charlie! ;)

We both may not walk for awhile, at least not correctly, but accomplishing a feat like this, was not only bonding...but such a blessing. It was doing something for Mike, which Mike couldn't do right now. It was difficult for him to even think about us attempting a project like this, but he knows our determination (okay stubborness), and always gives us the grace to give it a shot...without too much critcism. Now, pray very hard that it works!!! :)

Mike is feeling a little better physically...but please remember him in your prayers. I feel he's becoming very fatigued, fighting to get well. He has been feeling so frustrated, especially since this last treatment, trying to figure out the best way to get his pain under control. And when it's not under control...it's a bad day, all the way around.

I would ask that you'd pray for me as well. I know I was being silly above, but it hasn't been easy dealing with so many things. I'm grateful for the improvements God has graciously given us so far, for my children, and all of you, who hold Mike and I up in your prayers and encouragement. We feel your love and strength, and we know God is constantly at our sides, helping us deal with the day in and day out concerns, while He's shaping us by these trials. Please just continue to remember us, and thank you for all of your love!
"This I call to mind and therefore I have hope; Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning." Lamentations 3:21-23


























No comments: