Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

7.23.2008

Special Prayer Request

"When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up--the flames will not consume you." Isaiah 43:2

Mike is in bed sick today. He woke up this morning with his stomach upset, so he took some Phenagren and has slept a good part of the day. It has been a rough week for Mike, so I'm not surprised by his feeling bad today. He has felt pretty bad all week. It could be symptoms from his last treatment, or it could be he has been so anxious and concerned about these scan results, that this is what is causing the problem.

I have felt at peace up until now, but tomorrow morning is going to be really rough, waiting for our name to be called for Mike's appointment, and waiting for Dr. Sneed to walk into the room. I can't describe how difficult that moment is, every appointment day, but especially tomorrow.

Lab will be at 9 a.m. The appointment is at 10 a.m. I'm concerned about the results, but I'm more concerned about Mike's reaction, if the results are anything more than what he wants to hear. I know we can trust in God and your prayers to hold us up, to face this giant, and do what we need to do.

There is one more matter of prayer I'd like to ask of you. I can not give any specifics at the moment, but would really appreciate your prayers, concerning Mike's job situation, our health insurance, etc. Please pray for God to provide the best way to take care of this, and open doors only He can.

God has been so good to us and has blessed us beyond measure. We are so grateful to Him for resolving our son and daughter-in-law's situation, with a job here locally. Mike and I can not thank you enough for faithfully staying on your knees for our family.

"If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

No comments: