Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

7.30.2008

Wednesday Morning Update

My father is still in the Critical Care Unit at Baptist and will remain there until his blood pressure problem is resolved. They can not move him to another floor in the hospital with his blood pressure so low. They think the pain medication they are have him on is complicating matters and making his blood pressure worse, but he needs it to help manage the pain he is in. My mother is hoping to hear more from the doctor later today. She won't be allowed to visit my dad again until later this afternoon.

Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time. I specifically wanted to let you know that I am available to help in any way. I am currently unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands. Anything you guys need...no matter how big or small...please let me know. I will continue to pray for you guys and wish you the best. I feel like I know you all. Mike and I rarely had a conversation that didn't include talk of his family. The love and devotion you guys have was always obvious on his face and through his words. Please let Mike know I'm thinking of him.
Kim Olson (from Goody's)

Anonymous said...

Mike and Beverly,

We are praying for you that God will place his hand on you. We are close by if you need a place to stay or would like to take a warm shower or just a nap. Please don't hesitate to call. Again we are praying for you and the doctors as they make decisions about medicine and treatment.

Matt & Heather