Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.17.2008

Packed and Ready to Go

Well, we're packed and ready to go tomorrow. It seemed like it took me forever getting things together. We have so many medical supplies to travel with this time, so we're needing to check our luggage. I pray I'm not forgetting anything.

It's suppose to be rainy when we're in Houston. We should arrive there tomorrow afternoon. My sister has arranged for her friend to pick us up from the airport, since my sister and her husband will be arriving an hour after Mike and I. So we're going to be well taken care of.

Amber will post any updates to the blog. I can't remember if I posted the schedule, so I'll repeat it again. Tuesday will be all tests. 10:45 Chest Xray, 11:15 Lab, 3:10 CT Prep, 4:40 CT of chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Wednesday is the appointment with the surgeon at 10:30.

It is amazing to see how God has answered prayer and already handled so many issues we were struggling with even a short week ago. Mike is off the oxygen now. His blood pressure and body temperature have returned to normal. He has been getting stronger. And, God has protected Mike from infection. Mike also made it to church this morning and he walked twice up the driveway and around the court. So that is also good news.

God has been so merciful and good to us! We do have many hurdles still in front of us, but Mike and I remain trustful. God has always provided for us! That doesn't mean we're not apprehensive, because we're only human. But we're doing our best to lay those fears at Jesus feet.

So many of you have poured out your love and friendship to Mike and I, and to our family. You've given so unselfishly and graciously. You truly have been a blessing to us and lifted our burden. Our hearts overflow with gratefulness. Thank you for continuing to pray.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

No comments: