Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.27.2008

Targeted Prayers Needed

It was my intention for yesterday's posting to be my last until we made it out of town, but the last 24 hours have been a little more stressful than I had planned on, so I thought I would update you.

Mike has continued to feel bad the past couple of days. He hasn't been eating well and at times, he's had me very concerned and unsettled. He made the comment to me earlier this morning that he wished the surgery was sooner, because he was concerned by the time Tuesday, Sep. 2 rolled around, he feared not being well enough for surgery. That has had my heart up in my throat, and I just really need to feel God's presence and peace about this before Mike heads into surgery and the kids and I into any waiting room. The anxiety is intensifying within me and I just need prayer that I can hold myself together.

To add to this, I had spread some Ortho Bug-B-Gone granules Monday in our yard, and we believe one of our sons dogs got into a concentrated amount that spilled, and ended up poisoned last night. Thankfully, she made a little improvement today, but not without them needing to take her in to the vet for observation and treatment today, and everyone being worried overnight. She will need to return again tomorrow to have her liver tested. Evidently, the vet believes the number count in her liver is too elevated to be caused by poisoning, even though her symptoms seemed to point to that. As you can imagine, I have felt horrible all day.

And...the nursing home called us this morning to let us know Mike's mom, Cecile, has had some kind of small accident resulting in hurting her knee, and they were going to be having it X-rayed to see if anything is broken. We did later find out that her knee is sprained,and though she is in pain, it, thankfully, isn't broken. They didn't sound alarmed, but it isn't the way we like leaving town, worrying what might be going on with her. The kids and our daughter-in-laws mom will be checking in on her while we're gone.

As you can imagine, we're feeling a little overwhelmed, a little uneasy, and would just greatly appreciate target prayers to get through all of these things that keep popping up.

Thank you for allowing me to lean on you and ask for help.

"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I." Isaiah 58:9

No comments: