Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.28.2008

Arrived Safely

Update: In changing Mike's bandages this evening, and reconnecting his drainage bag, blood was once again present, in his tubes. Mike's not worried, because he feels he's in the best place possible, but then there's me. I'm the worrier. Please pray this is nothing.

Mike and I just wanted to let everyone know we have arrived safely. Our flight was about 30 minutes delayed, but we had a perfect flight and made it safely to our hotel. We bypassed lunch earlier at the airport, so we just finished eating some dinner. Mike was on his way down to the lobby where there is a huge flatscreen TV so he could watch the football game. While down there, he noticed there was a lab where he could go ahead and get his bloodwork done early, saving us from having to wait tomorrow morning in a huge waiting room. So it looks like we're off to a better start than last time.

Mike is in such a positive state of mind and feeling so well today. I'm convinced it's because all of you are praying for us! He chatted all the way on our flight down his goals for how he'd like to see things go. I'm wanting to be in that same positive state of mind...but I don't think I'm quite where he's at. I figured I wouldn't unpack our suitcases until we get the "all is clear to go" sign. ;)

Thank you so much for following us with your prayers. I've spent the last few minutes alone praising God, for another opportunity to find help for us. We're just so grateful for another chance. We will update you when we get word. Our first appointment is at 7:15 a.m., and that should be the decision we're looking for.

Love,
Beverly

No comments: