Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.19.2008

Fever Has Gone Back Up

Please continue to pray God will clear up this infection in Mike. His temperature went back up this evening, despite being on the antibiotic, and with it being the weekend, we will likely need to wait until Monday to have any lab work done. With surgery scheduled next week, you can imagine how concerned I am that this fever has popped up and seems to be stubbornly hanging around. I'm praying with all my heart that this won't mean another delay.

We called the University of Texas police department this evening to make sure the letter we received today wasn't a scam of any sort. (see prior post) They verified a clerk who routinely handled Mike's paperwork, and 2 others, had retrieved personal information on them. The mistake she made was applying for a credit card under one patients name and listing her employer as MD Anderson. That is how they tracked her down. They confiscated her computer and other evidence from her home. We have put a fraud alert out to credit reporting agencies, and will apply for other measures of protection. We would appreciate your continued prayers concerning this.

Mike ate a good dinner this evening, so I'm very grateful his appetite was a little better tonight. I have to celebrate even the smallest answers to prayer because it reminds me God cares about the big and small things. Thank you for praying so specifically for us.

"Assuredly, I will set you free and care for you. Assuredly, I will intercede for you." Jeremiah 15:11

No comments: