Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.21.2008

Praising God

We're praising God Mike's temperature has been normal the past 48 hours! Thank you for praying specifically for this. I pray Mike will stay fever-free, here out, until his surgery.

Mike is having quite a lot of difficulty with his dizziness though. We went to church this morning and three times Mike stood to sing, he had to sit back down, because the room was spinning. He spent the last half of the worship hour trying to think of a way to leave when the service was over without hitting the floor. He wasn't convinced he could make it back to the car. When the service ended, he practically bolted for the door, trying to get to the car as quickly as he could. We came home and he asked me to take his blood pressure. It was 74/48. That's pretty low. His heart rate was 94. He sent an email to his cardiologist at MD Anderson explaining his problem to see if he wants to adjust the medications. We still haven't heard anything back.

Well, a week from now, we will be in Houston again. I pray everything will stay on schedule as planned, and the surgery can take place successfully. It has been fairly exhausting staying at this heightened level of concern with these tubes in, and also now with this heart/blood pressure/heart rate problem. I'm trying to take every precaution possible, changing and flushing out Mike's biliary drains, but infection can happen so easily there and I don't think I could handle the guilt, if anything seriously got out of hand. I just need to get that pressure lifted off my shoulders soon. I pray it will be God's will for everything to work out perfectly September 30th.

All of you have been abundantly helpful and supportive to Mike and I, and the children. We are so grateful for you coming alongside us, and letting us lean on you for support.

"My Father, You are the Lord, My Holy One, My Creator, My King. You are the One who made a way through the sea, a path through mighty waters." Isaiah 43:15-16 Praying God's Word

No comments: