Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.04.2008

Sit and Wait Some More

Prayer was answered today! Mike was able to have the CT Angiogram after 3 hours of waiting. When he first went back for the test, his heart rate was at 86 beats per minute. That actually is pretty good for Mike, being that before his current heart medications, his lowest heart rate was 108, with his heart working overtime beating fast. But for this test, they needed the heart rate as low as possible, to take the best pictures of the heart.

In the lab, they gave him oral medication to try and get the heart rate down. The first pill got it down to 81 beats per minute, but it also lowered Mike's blood pressure, so they had to put an IV in, to give Mike saline solution to help with that. So then they gave Mike another round of oral medication, but the heart rate remained the same. So they decided they would go ahead with the test at 81 beats per minute. Just walking to the table for the CT, raised Mike's heart rate to 86 again, so they had to give him an injection of the medication they had been giving to him in pill form. I guess they either gave up, or decided to go with what they had, because Mike came out an hour later saying they got their pictures. Praise God! Now we just pray the pictures show only good news.

We're in a wait and see mode this evening. We haven't been told anything by the cardiologist yet, about the results of today's test, or clearance for surgery, but we have been told by the surgeon's assistant, to remain in Houston until tomorrow morning, because surgery could still be a go for Tuesday. So....we sit and wait some more. :)

Thank you so much for praying for us and reminding us that we're in your thoughts. It helps us not to feel alone in all of this. We really are very grateful for the care we're getting here. It can just get frustrating at times, adapting to their process of doing things, and then being so far away from home and family. We would appreciate your continued prayers as we wait, or prepare for surgery.

"The Lord is my constant companion. There is no need that He cannot fulfill. Whether His course for me points to the mountaintops of glorious joy or to the valleys of human suffering, He is by my side. He is ever present with me. He is close beside me when I tread the dark streets of danger, and even when I flirt with death itself, He will not leave me. When the pain is severe, He is near to comfort. When the burden is heavy, He is there to lean upon. When depression darkens my soul, He touches me with eternal joy. When I feel empty and alone, He fills the aching vacuum with His power. My security is in His promise to be near me always and in the knowledge that He will never let me go." Psalms/Now-Psalm 23

No comments: