Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.12.2008

What to Do?

Well, we're debating on what to do about getting down to Houston. We know how MD Anderson works. As long as there is electricity and no safety issues, they will be open, and they will expect us to meet our appointment. So the question is, what is the safest, sure way of Mike and I getting there? We're watching the weather closely. We have a direct flight out at 3 p.m., arriving in Houston at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, if commerical airlines are open. Mike and I also took our car up to have new windshield wiper blades put on, and filled up with gas...just in case we go the route of driving. We're pretty much packed and ready to go. Now, we'll just have to wait and see, and try and make the best decision.

Mike is a little "off" today. He tells me he is achy and a little weaker. We ran up to visit his mom in the nursing home, because today is her 90th birthday. I forced Mike to wear a mask to try and protect him from any germs, so he wasn't a happy camper. But at least we were able to spend a few minutes with her. She is still confined to her bed after the fall she had two weeks ago. We're home now, so he can rest.

Please continue to pray and trust God with us, that we will find a safe way to get to Houston on time, and that surgery this Tuesday is God's will for Mike and I. It has been such a challenging journey for us, that at times, we've questioned why are we constantly up against something? The only peace and comfort our hearts can be sure of, is when we read what Gods word tell us..................................

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: