Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

11.02.2008

Blessed!


On Saturday, Jeff and Lisa treated us to Houston's famous Burger spot, Pappa's Burger's. It was such a great time and the burgers were delicious!
Our friends and family have been such an incredible blessing to us. It has certainly made all of this a little less frightening to endure, and God has shown himself to Mike and I, through all of them. How incredibly blessed we are!
Mike began running a fever early Sunday morning (4 am) and having some discomfort on his right side. We got nervous and attached the drainage bag to Mike's right biliary tube, even though the clinic here taught us to keep it capped off. But we were worried there may be some infection. It could be that tube isn't in the correct position so that might need to be exchanged tomorrow around noon. If that happens, it is going to be causing us a little trouble getting to Mike's afternoon radiation treatment on time (2 p.m.). So please pray with us that all of this will work out as best as possible, and all of this won't delay our coming home Friday.
I'm SO ready to be home! I have already been packing which Mike has been enjoying teasing me about. He's convinced I make too big of a deal out of this process, and he's probably right, being I brought so few clothes for myself this last trip.
It will be wonderful seeing our family and sleeping in our own bed, but I may actually kiss my washer and dryer, once we reach the house. That's one item I've definitely taken for granted over the years, and missed down here.

Thank you for continuing to encourage us and letting us lean on you. Our hearts are so incredibly grateful and your prayers keep us going.

"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only." Psalm 71:14-16

No comments: