Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

11.06.2008

Thank You

Thank you for praying for Mike and I today. Mike came through his biliary exchange well. Why it failed so quickly, they really aren't sure, but they have given us some suggestions we can try to help keep things from escalating so quickly the next time, and the change out wasn't as difficult for Mike today, which lightened my heart. The important thing is that radiation treatments didn't get missed, so we will be heading home tomorrow afternoon following his last two. Oral chemotherapy will end tomorrow as well. We won't return for scans or exchanges until the third week in January.

Mike and I are very exhausted, but it will be so good just to be in our own home, and to be near our family and friends. We want all of you to know, your prayers and help, have carried us through these past six weeks. We never could have made it without you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Love,
Mike and Beverly

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: