Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

1.12.2009

Answered Prayer

We received good news today that Arkansas's CHIP (Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool) program will be able to help us carry medical insurance coverage (for Mike only) once our Cobra insurance ends. We still need to get them some paperwork from Goody's, to proceed with this, and we need to fill out an application, but it doesn't sound like there is going to be any problem with him being accepted.

This is such an answer to prayer for us, and I can't possibly express how relieved and grateful we are. We hope if you ever hear of someone in our same situation in the future, you will remember to share this with them. I have included a link on our Blog, under "Sites of Interest". There probably is a CHIP program in most US states. Note: The patient would need to apply within 63 days after their Cobra policy ends.

"When God's house on earth is a house of prayer, then God's house in heaven is busy and all potent in its plans and movements then His earthly armies are clothed with the triumphs and spoils of victory and His enemies defeated on every hand. " -E.M. Bounds "My house shall be called the house of prayer." Matthew 21:13

1 comment:

Nancy Cummings said...

Dear Beverly and Mike,
Thank you for making yourself available to Wayne and I. Also, I want to say that I'm so glad you had a victory with your health insurance. You have such a neat looking family ( I enjoyed viewing your slide show ). May God continue to bless you!
Nancy Cummings