Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

7.16.2009

Here We Go Again!

Just wanted to ask for every one's prayers, as Mike and I go to Baptist tomorrow, for an earlier than planned biliary exchange. When I came home at lunch today, to check on Mike, it was clear that the right biliary drain stopped working. We tried a few things to see if we could delay things until Monday, but Mike soon called me back at work, letting me know it needed to be done tomorrow. It "should be" pretty routine, although Mike has been on blood thinners for a few weeks now. We are halting those this evening, hoping for it to allow things to go smoothly tomorrow.

Please pray for there to be minimal bleeding. Unfortunately, we're having some bleeding already this evening. It seems intermittent, so we're trusting it will be alright until morning.

Also, please pray for Mike's blood pressure. If it's low, they won't give him any pain reliever for the procedure, and it is a pretty uncomfortable exchange. Mike has also been dehydrated, so that also can result in a lower blood pressure.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

"Help me, Lord, not to be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present my requests to You. And Your peace, O God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. " Phil. 4:6-7

1 comment:

Regina C said...

what a beautiful picture. I hope that you both rest tonight and have a safe day tomorrow.