Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.19.2009

Doctor Appointments

God provided an angel for Mike and I today to drive us to LR for our doctor appointments.  It was such a comfort to us and so helpful.  I haven't been feeling well, and not having to deal with the stress of driving, concentrating on where I was and where I needed to be, allowed me to rest and not push myself so hard.

After arriving at the oncology building in LR, I went to check Mike in.  We arrived a little early hoping it would help us meet my appointment nearby, scheduled less than an hour later.  After a few minutes we realized a big mistake had been made when the appointment was scheduled.  The scheduling nurse in RSVL set the scan up for our hometown hospital, not LR.  As both offices were trying to figure out what to do, I was just thanking God, we had a "chauffeur". 

We ended up having Mike stay at the oncology office with our friend, while I took our friends car to where my first appointment was.  Then I returned to the oncology office, and they were finally able to work Mike's CT in around 12:30.  We then drove to my other appointment and they took me in early, freeing us up to grab some lunch around 2 p.m.  God worked it all out!  Thank you so much, Russ!

So, we know the routine by now.  There is no sense trying to get the results any sooner than our scheduled doctor visit next week.  It is going to be a tough week waiting for the report.

Tomorrow we have the new swallowing test, at the hospital in town, which is suppose to determine what type of speech therapy Mike needs, and he will also have some lab work done.  Another busy day, but local, and with rest times in between.

Thank you for continuing to pray for our needs, and for coming to our sides when we need you most.  It has been such a blessing watching God work through all of you on our behalf.