Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.08.2009

Update

Dad has an appointment early Tuesday morning in LR to get his throat checked out and possibly have anything "fixed" that isn't working correctly. I believe that means he might have another dilation of his esophagus, but we'll know more late Tuesday. They're having him get off his blood thinner and fast the night before, so that usually means they're going to be ready to do a procedure if necessary.

My dad called earlier this evening to let me know that he had received the results of his tests, finally. Oddly, everything came back fine, which would ordinarily seem like great news, except it doesn't explain why he's having a hard time swallowing. He can hardly swallow a normal sized bite. So, they plan on contacting one of their doctors in LR to see what else can be done to eliminate this problem. I believe this is also the doctor who ordered the test in the first place. Hopefully they can get some more help from him.

I did get to see my dad today and I feel he has definitely gained some weight. Where his cheeks once appeared quite sunken in, today they seemed to be a bit fuller. It may have just been hopeful thinking, but I'll take it. I was also so pleased to see him eat most of the fast food we had for lunch.

So please continue to keep both of my parents in your prayers. Please pray that the doctors will be able to figure out what they can do for dad to help with his swallowing difficulty and to help him gain more weight and strength. Please pray for my mom as she is dealing with the stresses of doing it all at home and working outside the home as well. It's alot for anyone to deal with, let alone someone with their own health issues as well.

Thank you so much for your continued care and concern for my family.