Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

11.25.2009

A Love of a Lifetime --The Legacy of a Warrior with Unconditional Love--

Dear Family and Friends,

As I try to process all of the events and activity this past week, I realize I have so much to be grateful for, in the midst of my heart aching.  I'm grateful for the promise of eternal life.  For it brings me the promise I will be with Mike again one day.  I'm grateful for the strength He gives to His children to bear up under difficult circumstances.  I could never do any of this under my own strength.  He is my sustainer and will be my provider and comforter over this time of mourning. 

I'm so thankful for the comfort and love of my children, grandchildren, family and friends. The temporary absence of my best friend and companion will be difficult, this side of heaven, but God will continue to wipe my tears and carry me when my legs are too shaky to stand alone.  I know God has a purpose for my life and for this suffering.  My heart is eager to learn what His purpose is.

I would like to ask you to pray for my children and grandchildren.  Their hearts are broken and confused.  Please pray their grieving will be brief and that God will multiply the love, compassion, sense of humor in life their father passed on to them... with the acceptance of God's sovereignity in their loss.  May this experience draw them closer to His side, that they would cherish each precious moment God gives them as husband and wives, mommy's and daddy's and witnesses for Him.  May the hole they are experiencing right now, be filled with their father's example of living life to its fullest, and under his legacy of unconditional love. May they be the warrior he was in so many aspects of his life.

I can not thank all of you enough for being more than a friend to me.  You have been loving friends, faithful advisor's, encouragers,... all wrapped up under the name of brothers and sister's in Christ.  You have given me your hearts and your resources to survive. Your prayers have been such a source of encouragement and peace to me.  The tight hugs have steadied the trembling inside.  You have never left me to bear any of this alone. 

I am so grateful to have lived a lifetime of love in 34 years, with a man who absolutely adored and cherished me.  Those memories will carry me forward until he and I meet again in heaven.