Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

12.12.2009

Three weeks, One day, and Twelve hours

I will just warn anyone who comes into contact with me, or who cares; tears are on the edge and spilling over.  If I'm quiet, it's only to keep my sanity. It has been a difficult couple of days, to state it honestly.  Three weeks, and reality is hitting hard.  The pain feels too much to bear at times. My heart is broken.  We have the promise of heaven, but it feels like such a long way from home.

Mike and I have been one for so many years (35), that being anything else feels uncomfortable.  I ache to hold his hand, to look into his eyes, to hear him breathe.  I could always see that everything was going to be alright, when I looked into Mike's eyes. 

I'm really struggling to keep things "normal" for the kids, when everything feels upside down.  There is so much pressure to get it together right away.  I would like nothing more than to slip away and rest.  To work out all that I'm feeling. I'm so tired of legal issues.  I'm so weary of what may lie ahead.

Lord, please still my heart.  Slow me down and let me heal.  I pray that my countenance lifts hearts, not weigh them down.  Lift this burden I feel, Lord, and light my way.  I feel so misplaced.  I can't go forward without You.  Please hug Mike for me and remind him of how much I love and miss him.