Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

3.09.2010

"There Is a Side of Love That Can Only Be Seen Through Suffering."

My faith in God, and the promise of our eternal home, has become the most clear to me since Mike lost his earthly battle with cancer.  For months I have grieved at the absence of his presence.  Recently though, I have felt Mike's presence more deeply than ever...as if he is only a breath or touch away. 

God's promise that we will be together again one day, is beautiful.  His graciousness to remind me Mike still watches over me and our family, is a gift unimaginable and precious.  I feel I have crossed a threshold where I can see what lies ahead, as possibly being far better than what laid behind.  I miss him deeply, but the comfort of him being complete and whole again lifts my heart today.  I'm rarely reminded of the horror we lived the last couple of years.  I can see Mike whole, healthy, and happy now, and I know he anxiously awaits our family to be reunited again. 

God is so good....not as if dying on a cross, to have a personal relationship with Him, wasn't enough.  But to not leave my heart in a pile on the floor, to encourage me to keep running the race until I'm ready for my heavenly home, is the strength I've been needing so desperately to keep on living.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Just a note to say I love you and I also love the song by Josh Grobin at the bottom of your blog. Beautiful song. I can't wait till we all get to Heaven and pick right up where we left off...well, sorta...only WAY better than anything we could ever imagine!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.