Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.21.2010

Line Dancing.....

So, I was trying to come up with some new ideas of activities for the two groups I started this year.  One of these brainiac ideas was Line Dancing!  Yep...you heard right!

For those who may not know this important piece of information.....I dance!  As a child, I studied dance for several years....ballet, tap, baton, acrobatics, contemporary, jazz......you name it....and I've tried it.  I reached a point where I stopped studying it...but music and dance have always gone hand in hand for me, even if it's only done in the privacy of my home. 

Some of you might remember my purchasing a couple of other DVD's from the "Dancing With the Stars" instructors' last spring.  The only dance I really have anywhere close to looking like it's suppose to, is the Cha-Cha!

So....back to my story.  I decided that I should seek out a good line dancing DVD to help lead others to give this adventure a try and have any chance of succeeding. 

Well...it came in yesterday and I've already gone through it twice.  It has been so much fun!  I don't know how I'll ever use this new talent...but, at the least, it has kept me occupied and active, which could never hurt. 

My next goal is teaching my friends.  So, put your dancing shoes on friends!  You're about to learn the Electric Slide, to Beyonce's "Single Ladies...Put a Ring On It." 

My dogs have been looking at me like I've finally lost my mind.  They just don't remember I lost it years ago!

No comments: