Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.04.2010

A Little Good News

Dear Friends,

We learned today that the tumors in Judy's left kidney are contained in that kidney only.  The bladder was tumor free and so was the right kidney.  Praise God!  Thank you for your prayers for her and our family.  She still faces surgery to remove her left kidney but it is looking like there isn't any rush on doing this.  She is entertaining the idea of waiting until after Alyssa arrives, if the surgeon is in agreement.  Please pray that God will work out all the little details concerning this, so she can love on her new granddaughter without pain and fully enjoy this special time in all of our lives.

Jill has a doctor appointment, and another ultrasound today, to check the position of the baby to see if she is still breech.  The days are drawing close to when we will get to love on this new little one.  Please remember to pray for Jill, and Alyssa's safe arrival.

On another note....there may be answered prayer coming from the state.  I received some paperwork concerning disability, that eluded to the idea that this possibly may be going through.  I hesitate to get too hopeful, because I've been disappointed before.  But I would appreciate your continued prayers as they finish completing all the information.  Please pray I will see God's will clearly and fully, knowing which direction to head for my future.

Blessings to all of you,
Beverly

No comments: