Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.06.2010

Being a Grandma

There have been some pretty intense moments being a grandma.  Words could never describe the joy that comes from a new life brought into this world from your own children.  It is indescribable!  And my heart could never be more filled with happiness.

Then there have been pretty intense moments when the opposite feeling as appeared....again...being indescribable.  No amount of words could ever paint the picture clear enough.

Today, hearing my daughter sobbing while trying to say she was at the emergency room with Ethan, my grandson; almost stopped my heart.  At least, it hurt so bad, I couldn't imagine it being any worse if it had stopped. 

Walking into the ER room and seeing Ethan, after being run over by a golf cart, was frightening.  But watching my daughter and son in law so upset and concerned; was a whole other level of pain new to me. 

Amber is 8 months pregnant, and was struggling to stand from her fear for Ethan and what would need to be done to rule things out. Zac seemed to be blaming himself for not doing this, or that.  Both of them in so much pain.

I'm just so grateful for a merciful Lord.  Tonight, instead of questioning Him why our family was once tested again....I'm praising Him for His extra measures of grace and mercy....not only to allow all the tests to return normal; but for pulling Amber and Zac through probably one of the worst days of their young life.

No comments: