Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

4.03.2014

More Renovations Possible

Glenn and I are still making renovations to our home. 


In the past couple of weeks we have been improving the powder room in the back of the house.  Glenn has been re-staining the cabinets back to their original appearance before I had him test-staining them darker before the kitchen renovation project last year.  We added a new coat of paint to the walls and replaced the chrome accessories to match the faucet.  A BIG checkmark off that TO DO list!!!  And it looks so nice!


Our next project is replacing the flooring I ruined in the hall when I over filled the bath tub a couple of months ago.  We also took out the last of the carpet that was in the play room beside that bathroom, so we're going to try and match the two flooring together.  Only problem is the original flooring is no longer manufactured so we're trying to find a suitable solution.


The last change we hope to make is putting in two sky lights in the living room.  It can be very dark inside the house even on the brightest of days.  I'm use to more light and feel that will make a huge improvement.


So now....we're waiting on the estimate and when they can start!

No comments: