Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

5.12.2008

Faithful Friends

Mike had another good day. He came home from work a little tired, but after laying down for a little while, he was back up and feeling better. Thank you for checking in on him today and for remembering Mike and our family in your prayers.

"So many times You have come to me through the kindness, the understanding, the caring heart of a faithful friend. Time after time, You have revealed Your love for me through their quick smile, their endless patience, their eagerness to share, to encourage, to comfort. Thank You for their life, Lord, and their willingness to be a part of mine. Touch their life through me, as You have blessed my life through theirs." (adapted from BJ Hoff)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Mike is doing a little better. I'm sure knowing that the tumor is shrinking and all the love he has helps him through the tough times. Roger and I love you both very much! Love, Jaime