Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

7.31.2008

Change of Plans

The procedure to remove fluid from my dad's lungs didn't occur until 4:30 this afternoon. After the procedure they were to wait one hour then do another chest x-ray to see if the fluid had returned. However, after the procedure, my father could hardly breathe. He was in extreme pain and could not catch his breath. The doctors were telling him to cough really hard and that would help, but due to the pain from the tubes in his side from his liver and this fluid-draining procedure, he couldn't manage to get a breath. He finally was given morphine and then after an hour or more of being unable to catch his breath, the pain began to subside. The x-ray is clear and after speaking with him on the phone a minute ago, he is feeling much better. He is still short of breath, but they believe he will be able to go home tomorrow.

Of course, after the days of being told he'd change rooms and get discharged and multiple complications, it's really hard to say that for certain. Please pray for his recovery and for my mother who is driving back home tonight. She doesn't mention it often, but she has chronic pain and has been off her medication today because she ran out and she hasn't eaten much these past few days. Please pray for both to regain their strength and for my mom as she cares for my dad.

No comments: