Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

7.31.2008

The Latest

UPDATE: My father's chest x-ray revealed fluid in his lungs due to the amount of fluids they gave him during his surgery. This is causing the oxygen level problem and congestion. They will remove the fluid with a needle and if this clears up the problem then they say they will release him this evening. His bilirubin count is also a 9 which shows it is moving in the right direction.



My father is working on getting released from CCU. I'm not certain if that means he'll go to another floor or be able to go home. The hold up right now is his bilirubin count which is over 11, normal being 1. Also his oxygen/co2 level is lower than they'd like it to be without him using oxygen. My mother is also concerned about chest congestion he has developed while in the hospital. My mother plans to return to Russellville briefly if my father is not released because she has run out of her own medication and clothes and will need to gather what she needs from home.

That's all I know as of right now. I will continue to update and we appreciate your prayers and support.

No comments: