Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.10.2008

Blessed

Today was special, because my family and friends went out of their way today to celebrate my birthday. I was pampered and thoroughly spoiled!

But it didn't stop there. We also had a surprise visit from some of our church family, who brought by a birthday cookie cake for me, and a gift to our family from our Sunday School class. This class has stayed on their knees in prayer for us, they have stayed by our side to help in anyway possible, and they have given so unselfishly. What a blessing they have been to Mike and I, and our children! We are deeply grateful and so blessed!

Mike had a good day...all day long. He was able to celebrate the day with the rest of us almost as if there were no health problems going on. I'm so grateful for that. His blood pressure and body temperature were both up today and more normal. That was such a relief for me. Thank you for praying for him. Thank you for praying for me.

Tomorrow we plan to work on getting a hold of Dr. Sneed and putting our goals into place to fly to MD Anderson. We have three plans already in motion, and we're just waiting and trusting God to show us the best one. We have the Angel Flight possibility we're waiting on, which we should have more information after Tuesday on that. We have flights scheduled through SW already reserved, just in case Angel Flight doesn't happen for us. And we have a tentative driving option we can fall back on if the other two don't work out, due to the oxygen situation. My sister and her husband plan to travel to Houston, to be there at the same time we're there, to help in any way possible.

My hope is that Dr. Vauthey (the liver surgeon) will take another look at our situation and find a solution to our problem. I know he seemed willing to help us the first time we met, but the idea was nixed when the gastrointestinal team met, and consulted on the case. I pray their minds will be open and God will open a door for us.

I know we can rest assured that you are covering us, and our situation, in prayer. We are sincerely grateful for all you are doing to support us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

"Gracious Father.....So many times you have come to me through the kindness, the understanding, the caring heart of faithful family and friends. Time after time, you have revealed your love for us through their quick smile, their endless patience, their eagerness to share, to encourage, to comfort. Thank you for their lives, Lord, and their willingness to be a part of ours. Touch their lives through us, as you have blessed our life through theirs." BJ Hoff

No comments: