Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.14.2008

Discouraging Day

It was a discouraging day for Mike and I. Six hours after leaving home, and sixty miles outside of Dallas, we learned the information we had for our trip to Houston had changed. Mike wanted to turn around and head back home. I was a little tired from driving, so I suggested we stop, and just hold in place for awhile, until we got more information.

We have received a couple of more text messages this afternoon from the surgeon's assistant, suggesting that we continue to head down to Houston for a possibility of still having surgery. Our concern has been where we would stay. So, as things stand this evening, we are going to wait and see what the morning brings. We have heard the clinic will be opened tomorrow for "limited patients." We don't know if we qualify as "limited patients", or if anyone will even answer the phone, but we will try to get a few questions answered before making another move. We called the Rotary House this evening and were told to call back in the morning.

I guess tonight, Mike and I would ask that you would pray we can find God's peace in the midst of all this uncertainity and dissappointment, and that we can find the clearest direction to head in tomorrow.

No comments: