Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.26.2008

Truly Blessed

Mike was eager to test his legs this morning, after being off one of the heart medications today. The dizziness lingered until about noon, but seemed to improve as the day went on. He had some work he was needing to do for Goody's this afternoon, which kept him on his feet longer than usual, and he did fairly well. He has been a little achy this evening, but we figured it was to be expected after doing more than normal today. Today was his last day for taking the antibiotic, so we're hoping we can reach Monday without any more trouble with fevers, infection, etc.

We would continue to appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we ready ourselves for leaving Sunday. I'm continuing to struggle with anxiousness, so prayer specifically addressed at that for me, would be a blessing.

Mike and I really want everyone to know how deeply you have touched our hearts by your reaching out, praying for us, and lending a hand in so many ways. We are truly blessed to have such dear family and friends. Thank you for caring so much about us. We will head to Houston knowing a huge support system is back here on their knees on our behalf. You can't begin to know how deeply that comforts Mike and I.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: