Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.25.2008

You Have Done So Much For Us

Mike had another day of barely getting from chair to chair in the house without feeling like he was going to pass out, so he made the decision to call the cardiologist one more time. This time he was successful in getting someone to return his call. They have taken Mike off one of the three heart medications they had him on, and told Mike he will see the cardiologist next week. It didn't sound like there was going to be any interruption with having the surgery, but I guess we'll need to wait and see what Monday morning brings.

Loose ends are coming together, and all that is really left to do, is repacking a few items. I'm beginning to feel a little jittery as things get closer. I don't know how I can want...and not want something...all at the same time. I guess my mind is a little unsettled. I'm trying to keep focused on God's word, remembering His power and strength, to keep me calm.

Your prayers mean everything to Mike and I. Thank you for being so caring, unselfish, and giving.

"Lord, you will do everything you have planned for me. Lord, your faithful love continues forever. You have done so much for us. Don't stop now." Psalm 138:8 (Amplified Bible)

Please note the beautiful song below.

No comments: