Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.12.2008

Some Time Outside



















Mike felt well enough to go outside for a little while today. He's having a little trouble standing up straight with the different wounds on his stomach, and I'm sure his procedure tomorrow might only add to this discomfort.


Mike's Home Health nurse suggested today, we get a velcro binder to use around Mike's middle, to help give him some support in that area, especially when he's trying to walk. I'm going to look into it tomorrow when the Clinic opens. She also lectured Mike on eating better. She started by encouraging him to eat more fruits and vegetables, but went on to suggest protein drinks for him, to supplement regular meals. I'm not sure we're going to get very far with that advice.


Thank you for praying ceaselessly for Mike and I. There is such a battle raging to remain steadfast, trusting, and encouraged. This can be difficult when you are healthy and you're surrounded by family and friends, but it can be more difficult when you're not feeling well and you're away from home. I'm so grateful remembering we're not in this alone, no matter where we are, and that so many of you care deeply about our situation, and are staying on your knees. That strengthens me daily and is such a blessing!

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength." Isaiah 40:29

No comments: