Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.08.2008

God is Moving Mountains

That's what my mom said when she called me a minute ago. First she was reporting to me that a team of radiologists came to see my dad and were looking at his "tattoos" to determine where his past radiation treatments were aimed and asking many questions about his past treatments. They are very positive they can help him and he will begin targeted radiation treatments starting next Monday, twice daily for 15 minutes for 3 weeks. He will also see an oncologist tomorrow to talk about beginning some chemotherapy as well...she will be the one most likely who will determine if his tubes will be replaced.

As my mom was on the phone, she had to call me back because another team of cardiologists came in to speak with my dad about his results....and here's the kicker....there is absolutely nothing wrong with his heart that they can see....NOTHING. They say he is extremely dehydrated and if he can drink about 1 gallon of fluids daily he should recoup fine.

God is moving mountains. My sister-in-law put it this way in her blog..."I wonder sometimes if we don't see present-day miracles, because we don't have the faith to ask God for the otherwise impossible?

I've been pondering that myself and praying for a miracle for my dad. I am praying that God will use these trials as way to show Himself to those who are lost...whether it be at the hospital or in our very own family. God has always provided for my family, even through the hard times. I'm also praying that through these trials I will learn the lessons He is trying to teach me and to grow from this in faith. I'm not as gifted with words as my sister-in-law or my mother, so I will let my medium, which is music, speak the words I'm trying to say. (Click on song below.)

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to

Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
Then I will go through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the sufferin' Your love put You through
And I will go through the valleyIf You want me to



Earlier:
My dad will not be discharged today most likely. They will be partially reopening his incision due to infection. I'm not sure what they will be doing exactly, but my parents mentioned they would be "packing" the incision and doing a wet/dry bandage of some sort. I do not believe it is very serious but these complications do set back his recovery. They still do not have the results back from the tests the cardiologists did last night. If I hear more, I will try to update since my mother is having a difficult time getting the hotel internet connection to work properly.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: