Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

6.11.2009

Update

Update 12pm: I spoke with my parents about an hour ago and dad had just returned from getting his right biliary drain exchanged. The radiologists apparently didn't like the way it was in there. They also shot dye into his other drains and they were "clear". The one that had been bleeding is no longer doing so. They still don't know what the fluid in his liver is and they have tested some other fluid from his abdomen, I believe, to look at it. He is receiving a blood transfusion because his blood pressure is extremely low. They're allowing him to eat normal meals because Dr. Sneed says he can't afford to lose any more weight. All of that to say that we haven't received any definite answers. He will be staying another night in LR at Baptist.

My parents spoke with doctors this morning and the results of the CT show a "pool of fluid" in a portion of dad's liver. They aren't certain what it is so they will be meeting with a radiologist who is supposed to do some other type of scan to figure out what the fluid is. I'm assuming once they identify that then they can figure out how to proceed from there.

Thank you for your prayers.
Amber Lacy

No comments: