Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

10.26.2009

All Is Clear

First, I'd like to briefly update everyone regarding me.  What was being further looked into, at my doctor appointment, ended up being benign.  So we can lay all of that to rest. :) 

I had another wonderful friend who offered to take me back to LR, and turned a frustrating situation for me, into a few hours of escape and fun.  Kay, you are such a sweetheart, and I'll never forget the memory we made today!  For those who know me well.........I don't eat anything that swims in water.  At least, not before today.  My chicken flauta's were tasting a little "fishy," and after being puzzled and eating most of it, I finally found the tail hanging out of one end of it, to prove my suspicions.  I was eating shrimp flauta's! Kay and I had a good laugh out of that!  As we say in our family "we made a memory!"  Thank you so much, Kay, for driving in the bad weather, and having to wait so long in the waiting room for me.

Mike stayed tucked away and warm today at home.  Our son, Matt, and grandson, Drew, spent a little time with him which brightened up Mike's day.  Mike got a big ol' bear hug from his little buddy.

So tomorrow morning we have physical therapy and we might need to have a couple of minor issues looked at regarding Mike.  I've noticed that Mike's eyes seem to be very bloodshot and have a little discharge accumulating in both eyes.  It could be conjunctivitis...but I'm not a doctor.  I just really hate taking Mike anywhere near a medical facility or crowd, to find out, but it's not improving any and we may have no choice.  The abdominal tube is hanging in there, so we may try and aim for Wednesday, when we see the oncologist to try and set that up.  I keep forgetting that Mike needs to be off the Coumadin for anything to be done.  Mike also is thinking one of his lungs may be filling up with fluid...so he might need a chest xray.  The poor guy is falling apart on me. 

So, I would appreciate your continued prayers....most especially for Mike's protection and comfort.  I feel like the dam is leaking, and I'm sticking my fingers into so many holes, only to end up having holes bursting forth everywhere, and not enough  fingers!

Father, thank you for your peace and protection today.  Thank you for wonderful friends and laughter.  Thank you for moments to let my mind and heart rest.  Thank you for allowing me to have friends whom I can share my heart to and some times let the tears flow.  Thank you for the comfort of prayers, the smiles of encouragement, and the love so many have shown us.  In the midst of the fire, you haven't forgotten us.  You have given so many dear family and friends to stand alongside us.  We are incredibly blessed!