Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

2.07.2010

A Lifted Heart

It was a good weekend!  Friday, the kids planned a night for all of us to go to Pizza Hut for dinner.  We had a great time and could hardly hear each other talk from all the noise...but it was a lot of fun being with the kids and grandsons.

Saturday evening Drew (my grandson) came and spent some time with me, while his parents and other grandparents spent an evening together celebrating their birthdays.  I had loads of fun playing inside with Drew's remote control car... so much that we ran the batteries down.  :)  We giggled quite a bit as I tried to manuver the soft rubber car around the furniture, mostly smacking it flat into it.  It was lots of fun and he allowed me to steal hugs often. 

Then this evening our daughter and son in law hosted a Super Bowl Party.  We had a great feast of hoagie sandwiches, vegetables and dip, chips, wings, sweets and all the other fixins.  Drew and Ethan kept us all quite entertained with their escapades.  I can't imagine what it is going to be like when there are four of them running around the room.  :)  I may need to duck and cover!

Mike would have been proud of me!  I wore his Dallas Cowboy shirt and actually stayed and watched the entire game without falling asleep. :)  Usually, I'm only interested in the food, commercials and the half time show, but I actually was trying to follow it this evening, when the grandsons weren't distracting me.  But I have to admit....after half time, I was yawning like crazy, and tried to slip out to go home.  Only...Amber patrol... was near the door and wouldn't let me out. :)

I praise God for a good day....for family...and for laughter.

No comments: