Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

6.21.2010

Too Old to Be Running

Considering giving away my two Cocker Spaniels! I just had to rescue a baby bunny in my backyard for the second time in the last two weeks. Hailey had it in her mouth and wouldn't drop it, until I pryed it out of her teeth.

For almost being 10 years old, these two, sure worked together well as a team! Any takers??? (just kidding!)

The bunny is alive...for all who may have wondered. It let me hold it for awhile, without struggling. Considered relocating it, but the last time I walked away from one in the larger part of my yard...a hawk swooped down and carried it away. :-(

I'm too old to be running around in 90+ degree weather...yelling DROP! DROP! DROP!

No comments: