Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.10.2010

Bring on the Watermelon!

I'm celebrating another year today!  Bring on the Watermelon!!! (Don't you just LOVE this photo?) 

10 months ago...I would have argued if I'd still be standing at this point.  The truth is; I'm really not.  God has continued to carry me, and He has placed many special people in my life who have made me smile again.

I'm very grateful for my family.  It has been a hard few years on all of us...and I know we're all still struggling to get back on our feet again.  But,  we are together, and we extend our hand to each other, when one of us is weak and needs a little encouragement.  It also helps to have two little baby girls on the way to fill our homes. What a blessing!

I'm very grateful to my friends too....old and new.  Some of you have done CPR on my heart when it wanted to stop beating.  Layer upon layer of grief has been peeling off, and I'm beginning to find a small ray of hope peeping through.

My groups, the Faith Keepers (single group) and Joyful Heart (ladies evening out group), have blossomed and grown.  If nothing less, they have given me a place to focus my attention on something fun and positive, and less on my situations...which can be scary at times.  Never in a million years would I have thought I would be trying to organize groups like these.  I'm so grateful for the new friendships I have made, and for the break in the loneliness, that tries to swallow me up at times.

I'm thankful for a wonderful job, children and grandchildren to love on, and a Lord I can worship and adore.  I'm so grateful that no matter how many times I screw up...His arms are always open for me to run in to for full forgiveness.  What greater love is there, than that?!!

So...here is to a life...celebrated more for good times than bad....in strength more than weakness, and with a deep sense of loyalty, that has proven to be a sound foundation our family is built on, and can with stand through ANY storm!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day with your precious family!