Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

8.08.2010

A Day With Drew & Ethan

I had a very special date today with my little man, Drew.  His momma had to work for part of the day, so we had some quality time together.

We started out with chocolate chip pancakes, with him liking everything BUT the chocolate chips!   I found a way to cut around his portion, and mine, to find pancake WITHOUT the chips, but it certainly was a challenge being I was very gracious with them.

Following this, we played outside with the sandbox and swing.  Then it was on to the game tables over at the guest house.  We had just enough time to finish this before we met Aunt Amber and Ethan down at the church playground. 

The boys enjoyed themselves, as their grandma found the swings!  I would just get sailing high up on the clouds when Drew needed me to push him. :-(  It is my goal to teach these boys how to keep themselves swinging high.  You're NEVER to old to swing, or go down a slide....granted the slide was a little more tricky!!! (and before someone begins to make any wise remarks....I checked....and there were no weight limits!)  I am a bit taller though, and gave myself a tiny goose egg on my head from not ducking down when I should have.

From the playground, it was on to McDonald's!  Drew and I rode in style in the Miata with the top down!  Such fun!!!  I loved the expression on his little face with the breeze blowing his bright red hair!  He just had the biggest smile on his little face!  I'm certain Mike was smiling down on him from heaven. 

We brought our food home, which he politely ordered himself.... and Aunt Amber and Ethan enjoyed a little time here at my home, to play drums...and with some other toys.  I am learning I have to really concentrate when these boys are under my care.  Things happen so quickly, that my mind can be several seconds behind them. Their minds are working at warp speed when mine is more like a leisure bike ride in a senior citizen neighborhood.

These little men are well on their way to become older brothers in the next weeks and months.  I pray they make the adjustment smoothly, and they will always feel the special bond we share with them, as the first born, in our family.  Mike poured so much love and time in those very short years he had with those boys.  Alyssa and Emma will be truly blessed to be loved on, by Drew and Ethan when they arrive!

As far as this next week goes....I'll be turning a year older, Jill and Matt will be celebrating their 9th wedding anniversary, Drew will be turning 4 next Saturday, and I will be having some test done at the hospital on Tuesday. 

We're still trying to coax Alyssa to turn herself into the right position for birth.  She will be in our arms before we know it! 

Judy (Jill's mom) consults with a surgeon on the 18th about having her left kidney removed that has cancer in it.  So I would appreciate your covering all of these issues in prayer and for her protection.  She is one dear friend and a special lady to everyone she meets.

Have a blessed week!

No comments: