Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

9.22.2010

Grief Share Reminders

Want to read ahead or resend a previous daily email? Click the link below:


http://www.griefshare.org/dailyemails/my/
--------------------------------------------------------

Look Beyond the Past
Day 239

It would be dangerous to drive down the street if your attention were focused solely on the rearview mirror, looking at what is behind. Grief tends to make you look to the past, to what you lost. The pain of that loss, it's true, will be with you forever, but to move on, you must focus on the future as well as on the past.

"You can either stay in that grief, or you can move on. But you will move on with the grief," says Linda, whose baby was stillborn. "You always have that, and you can't expect that one day you won't ever feel sorry that you lost a loved one. That will always be part of you."

Use your past to build on your future. Seek the God of the past, the present, and the future for a hope that will sustain you.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 22:13).

Lord God, You are my only hope. I do not want to forget the past, but I cannot live there either. Amen.


--------------------------------------------------------
Keep the Past in Perspective   Day 240
Be careful not to let your past control your future.

"My first wife is a memory," says Virgil. "She'll always be a memory. She'll always be there. But I can't let her control my life."

Your loved one will always hold a special place in your heart, but daily decisions cannot be made based on emotions tied up in this person's death. Decisions today should be relative to the present and to the future. Your hope lies before you and not behind you.

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off" (Proverbs 23:18). This hope is available for those who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ.

Dear Jesus, my past is so precious to me, but I know that I must live in the present and look forward to the future. Amen.

No comments: