Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

11.19.2010

Still By Your Side

If I could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true,
I'd pray to God with all my heart for yesterday and you.

A thousand words can't bring you back. I know because I've tried.
And neither will a million tears; I know because I've cried.

You left behind my broken heart and happy memories too.
But I never wanted memories...I only wanted you.









I am gone, not by your side, or so I've heard you say
but I am with you more than you know, each and every day

I am there each morning, as you rise to the morning you dread,
I am nestled up beside you each night when you go to bed

I watch while you are sleeping or lying there awake,
I'm with you when you ask 'How much more can I take?'

I watch with love each time I see you wipe the tears away
I will always be here for the one who thinks of me each day

I see you smile seldom, which is just a way to hide,
know the deep exhausting pain that you feel inside.

I watch you gather all my things to keep the memories alive,
I also know it's the only thing that helps you to survive.

I wish you knew that I was there and I know the pain you feel
I know you have a broken heart that time will never heal.

Just know that I am with you... We really aren't apart
I'm in every breath you take... Nestled in your heart

No comments: