Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

3.23.2011

Sailing.....Sailing....Over the Bounding Waves!

Room D528



A View out of this World! Nothing but water!



Stormy......Cold.......and a rocking boat!  The first 2-3 days were a little trying.
My sea sickness patches and sea bands were doing their job...but who can walk or stand up when the boat is crusing on 7-10 foot waves?
I found it easier to prop myself up along the walls on those days.




This is the day and the exact location Glenn and I realized the median age of passengers on this cruise was 69.5. A lady with a cane practically used it on another older lady who was trying to step in front of me to get into the dining room. Unfortunately we saw this kind of situation repeated over and over again this cruise.



Take my eyes off of a Glenn for one second and he's off finding new friends!
Don't ask me....'cause I have NO idea where this guy came from!




We discovered these balloons in our stateroom when returning from our second night after dinner.  They say "Congratulations!"  We also received two glasses of champagne, a wonderful chocolate dessert to share, and waiters singing "Happy Honeymoon to You," in the dining room!




We enjoyed lot's of music! 
Classical, Hawaiian, Karaoke, Pop, 50's.....you name it!




A few photo's on the deck!







One of the long hall outside our room.


A good one of a handsome man on my balcony! What a catch!!


Hello land!  Los Angeles to Hilo.....2280 miles! Four and half days at sea!




To be continued...........

No comments: