Pages

In 2007, I began my original website, Sonshine's Haven. In 2007, it was turned into a blog and used to keep family updated on my first husband's fight with liver cancer. He passed away November of 2009. We were married for 34+ wonderful years and this journals some of that grief process I've gone through.

I have since remarried another widower, but Mike is missed dearly, and will always be a big part of my life.

At times, all of us will be called to act as witnesses to the suffering of another. We will be unable to affect the outcome physically. Words will fail us. Prayer will seem futile. And yet, the act of bearing witness to someone else's trials is a sacred sorrow that offers and astounding glimpse of eternal joy." by Ginger Garrett

"Being willing to stay with a loved one throughout their travail, can be difficult....YES! But offering yourselves as faithful companions on a dark and dreadful journey can be an unmeasured blessing." (paraphrased by me)

12.02.2009

Loss

"For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks to everyone for their offers of help sorting through all of the legal paperwork following Mike's passing.  As intensely difficult it has been over the years dealing with Mike's health, loss of job, loss of medical insurance, loss of disability insurance, loss of life insurance, and now with his passing; I'm learning the battle hasn't ended there.  For a reason only God could know, I'm left to deal with more confusion and decision making.  I share this only to ask for your continued prayers, that I will see things clearly, and fully understand what is being asked or told to me.  I haven't fully been able to grasp or deal with the loss of my husband, before I'm being prompted to make other very important decisions.  My heart is heavy as I try to plug along doing what is expected or asked.  I know God is in the midst of all of this with me, but at times, I feel like I'm the only one.  Where I use to lean on Mike in these situations, I'm now needing to learn to make decisions myself, or lean heavily on my children, which burdens my heart. It's a strange, and uncomfortable new land, I'm in.  It has crossed my mind many times what God is trying to teach me through all of this and what is His purpose?  Obviously, there are more lessons to be learned. Please pray I will find the answers gracefully.